I think of the rainbow babes like this... the rainbow after the storm of sorrow. We are suffering through the storm of sorrow when the universe lets up on the storm and we get a reprise in our sorrow, there is a RAINBOW. They do not "undo" or erase the storm they just make the enduring the storm a little more hopeful. Chris~ Mommy to ^Lucy^ & Danger

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

32 1/2 weeks.. 30 days to go :D

Today marks 30 days till we meet this little princess... WOW!! Hard to believe. We had an awesome report at the Dr yesterday. Amellia is almost 5 lbs which means she gained almost 2 lbs in the last month. So her growth is great!! And she has lots of hair on the ultrasound :) She also scored a 10 on her NST according to the nurse. The Dr is very happy with everything and truly feels as though the shots are the key this time around. So one month to go...

My nerves are up and down. Every morning I still hold my breath till I start to feel her move and get her kick counts. My mind plays tricks on me.. are you sure you felt her move in the middle of the night or did I imagine that?!? Its defiantly still a daily struggle with my emotions. I am grateful that she is very active and if I notice even the slightest change I will be at the Dr's getting checked. Please help me stay sane for the next 30 days...

On another note they switched me to the Heparin. It defiantly isn't as user friendly as the Lovenox but I am getting the hang of it. It doesnt come in a pre -filled syringe and the needle isn't as smooth and easy to use but hey whatever it takes. Oh and the medicine burns a lot more but again no complaints here.

So 30 days till we meet our Amellia Rose and we cant wait!! :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manda - I am just so happy for you. I am praying for your sanity the next 30 days. I know it is so tough. (((HUGS))) I can't wait to see Amelia here safely!

Bree said...

How exciting! Keeping you and Amelia in my thoughts, Amanda!

missing_one said...

fingers crossed tightly! You're almost there!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This is a wonderful milestone. I can't wait to meet her. God Bless.

BRgranma said...

I read your blog every time you post something and am praying for you, your husband and little baby. Amelia Rose will be welcomed into a home filled with love.

Beth said...

how exciting! and as i am reading this it is now 27 days, not 30. you're making it!!!

momof2in1year said...

I am so excited for you-- I can't wait!!

Peaceful, gentle thoughts for you these next few weeks. I'm glad Amelia is staying active for you... such a relief!

Much love,
Krista

Jodi said...

Hugs and prayers, my friend!!!

Emily said...

You are almost there! I never made the switch to heparin since I was being induced so early. I heard it is not fun! But I suppose not much about pregnancy after stillbirth is. Hang in there you are so close!!! The last 30 days are going to be tough.

Monica H said...

According to the ticker..only 25 more days!

Thinking of you and baby girl.