I think of the rainbow babes like this... the rainbow after the storm of sorrow. We are suffering through the storm of sorrow when the universe lets up on the storm and we get a reprise in our sorrow, there is a RAINBOW. They do not "undo" or erase the storm they just make the enduring the storm a little more hopeful. Chris~ Mommy to ^Lucy^ & Danger

Friday, November 27, 2009

Two Weeks

Two weeks till we meet our princess Amellia, as long as her lungs are ready. 35 weeks tomorrow! WOW!! I can hardly believe how close we are. So close, yet so far at the same time. Everyday I am just thankful that she is still moving and kicking. Every Dr appt I wait for another great NST and for my blood pressure to be good and so far that is exactly what has happened. I just wish I could relax this past 2 wks but its just not possible. Every morning I "hold my breath" until I feel her first kicks and movements. And then say a quick prayer of thanks when she does. I am going to stay w/ a family member that lives less than 10 min away from my Dr's office this coming Tues and will stay w/ her until this little one arrives. (Currently I am 1 hr and 20 minutes away.) I am happy that I will be closer to the Dr, "just in case" I get a bad feeling and I also will have 2 appts the next 2 wks. again just for my peace of mind. Peace of mind- I just wish I could let myself relax and enjoy my last 2 wks prego w/ this precious baby girl. I am looking forward to being away from home although I will miss my hubby and "kids" our dog Maggie and cats Charlie and Oliver. However it will be nice to not be worrying about things around the house and just put my feet up and read a book or watch a movie. So 2 wks and I will be "holding my breath" the whole way. Please let this baby girl come home and be healthy!!!

8 comments:

Monica H said...

It just seems so surreal. Wow, only 14 more days. I'm holding my breath right along with you and I'm glad you'll be closer to the hospital should you need it.

put those feet up!

ezra'smommy said...

Holding my breath with you! You're so close! xoxo

Jenell said...

You are SO close!! I'm always checking your countdown and I can't believe it's almost here. I do the same thing too. Wait for the kicks, say a prayer of thanks for the kicks...then wait for the next one all day long! 36 weeks for me today and the cerclage comes out next Sat...our little ones may have a very close birthday! :)
Jenell

Monica said...

Fingers crossed for your baby girl! Yes - you are SO CLOSE! Relax and breathe...you're almost there.

Beth said...

you're making it! just keep breathing!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting too. I'm so looking forward to Amelia's safe arrival in the world.

Unknown said...

I am on your site almost everyday looking for any updates and watching your countdown ticker - I am so excited!!!

missing_one said...

I'm so excited for you! You're almost there mama! I'm holding my breath!